Wednesday 18 September 2013

The Sledmere Carboot

This Sunday I attended my first Carboot as a seller. Though this was not for selling anything I had made or created I still was very nervous and excited.

The 6am alarm, grey blustery skies and bleary eyes did not quash the excitement! Though the increasing wind speed was something of a worry, great British weather hey?!

The Carboot that I attend was at Sledmere Hall a beautiful stately home in East Yorkshire. This particular Carboot is renowned for attracting discerning clientele, hence why I packed up all ,y better things that I know longer wanted!

My mum, sister and I shared a stall and with the help of some bunting, floral oil cloth and a good eye we created a rather smart looking stall.


Super fun was had by all and tempting though it was I didn't not purchase anything and not only that I made a nice amount to put into savings! In fact I enjoyed it so much I am already planning my next one, maybe at this one I will dare to sell something I've made! 

No comments:

Post a Comment