Saturday 24 August 2013

Oh Annie

My mission to do my next house up as cheaply as possible has lead me to upcycling furniture.

I've been a woman on a mission searching for pieces of furniture for as little of possible and I now have a growing collection of mismatched and unloved pieces all in need of some TLC!.

This is where the wonderful Annie Sloan comes in, she has produced the wonderful chalk paint that I am going to use to spruce up the furniture!


Chalk Paint is a unique decorative paint developed by Annie Sloan in 30 decorative and historical colours made specifically for painting furniture, painting floors, and for giving walls a completely matt, velvety finish.Chalk Paint  sticks to just about any surface... wood, concrete, metal, matt plastic, earthenware and much more, inside and outside the home. 

I'm looking forward to seeing what I can create and improve with this wonderful paint! 



The first colours I've invested in are English Yellow and Aubusson Blue. 


On the Annie Sloan website there is a little write up for each colour: 


The colour is named and designed after the beautiful deep grey blue found on the classic 18th and 19th century Aubusson rugs from France. It is an elegant colour that works well with many colours as it is a dark neutral but in particular it works with Paris Grey . It is also a colour found in Scandinavian painted furniture 

So this is the stool just after I started painting, it's incredibly easy using this paint. It goes straight onto the wood, no sanding or primer!! Amazing!  


First stages ........

  











No comments:

Post a Comment